Director of Development
SR3 presents a unique opportunity for an experienced, innovative and multi-faceted leader to build a robust development strategy and platform from the ground up around an urgent and recognized need for the Pacific Northwest. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of SR3’s development and community support building activities from major gifts to grassroots community efforts on and offline. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to create and oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising.
- Develop and execute SR3’s quarterly, annual and multi-year fundraising plans across all giving levels to support operational and capital needs, including a three year $15 million dollar capital campaign.
- Develop and execute SR3's outreach plans, building ground support in Seattle and across the Pacific Northwest.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to strategically build SR3's Board over the course of 2017 and 2018.
- Scale the development organization over the course of 2017 and 2018.
- Develop and implement communications strategies and oversee donor database systems to support development activities.
- Monitor trends in the space and community and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Serve as a member of SR3's senior leadership team, working collaboratively to manage the organization.
- Bottle-feed a seal pup on occasion.
- Proven track record of development success at multiple levels, including major gifts and capital campaign leadership.
- Proven track record of dramatically scaling successful development activities and, preferably, experience building them from the ground up.
- Interest, aptitude and track record of innovation and experimentation with new approaches to development (in addition to knowing the best-in-class playbook cold).
- A passion for the health of marine ecosystems, wildlife conservation, or wildlife medicine and a demonstrated ability to learn and represent complex activities including scientific research to a non-expert audience.
- A clear-eyed understanding of and appetite for the challenges of building an organization from the ground up and a resourceful, creative approach to problem-solving when limited staff or a short track history might otherwise limit velocity.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch-in where pitching is needed.
- 10+ years of development experience preferred.
Ultimately SR3 is seeking a senior-level development rockstar who is excited about the idea of starting with an organization at its very beginning to lay the foundation for remarkable short and longterm success. Applicants interested in submitting a resume or learning more should email Casey Mclean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.